Mathematics is an integral part of most branches of engineering.
• The Mechanical Engineers uses mathematics to calculate the strength of the equipment being designed, how it will work (e.g. how fast will it go, how much power does it need, etc.).
• The Civil Engineering depends greatly on the trigonometric and geometric logics.
• The Computer Engineering is largely dependent on numeric analysis, logic analysis and algebra.
• In Electronics & Communication Engineering, modeling and study of electric circuits using mathematical differential equations of first, second and higher orders.
Applications of Mathematics:
• The mathematics of error-correcting codes is applied to CD players and to computers.
• Voyager's journey to the planets could not have been calculated without the mathematics of differential equations
• The stunning pictures of faraway planets sent by Voyager II could not have had their crispness and quality without such mathematics.
• The next generation of software requires the latest methods from what is called category theory, a theory of mathematical structures which has given new perspectives on the foundations of mathematics and on logic.
• The physical sciences (chemistry, physics, oceanography, astronomy) require mathematics for the development of their theories.
• In ecology, mathematics is used when studying the laws of population change.
• Travel by aircraft would not be possible without the mathematics of airflow and of control systems.
• Body scanners are the expression of subtle mathematics, discovered in the 19th century, which makes it possible to construct an image of the inside of an object from information on a number of single X-ray views of it. Thus mathematics is often involved in matters of life and death.
Importance of Communication Skills and Contributor Personality Development:
• CPD provides the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values that you need to have to perform effectively and competently in one’s role and to meet the expectations of employers.
Communication Skills develop a set of skills such as non-verbal communication, attentive listening, LSRW skills, and ability to present clearly and confidently. Communications Skills are essential to develop the ability to communicative effectively in today’s high speed world.
GIT offers following fundamental subjects to the engineering students as per GTU curriculum.
• Communication Skills
• Contributor Personality Development
• Vector Calculus and Linear Algebra
• Advanced Engineering Mathematics
• Engineering Economics and Management